ABOUT US AND OUR HISTORY
VICI is a brand of fish, salmon, herring, seafood, dumplings, pizza and pancakes, highly valued by costumers for their high quality, excellent taste, nutritional properties and easy preparation.
Born three decades ago, today VICI is one of the most popular Lithuanian brands in Europe. VICI products are developed by Viciunai Group, which started its operations in Kaunas, Lithuania.
ABOUT VICIUNAI GROUP
Founded in 1991, the Viciunai Group is a leader in the global surimi market and one of the leading producers of fish and seafood products in Europe. Today, the products of VICI, ESVA, Columbus and other brands of the group travel to consumers in more than 70 markets worldwide. In total, over 3,000 products of the group are already rippling in the global sea of fish and food!
Nearly 91% of total sales are exported to five regions: Baltic, Western and Central Europe, Scandinavia, and Eastern Europe and Asia. Products born at Viciunai Group factories end up on the shelves of such world-famous retail chains as Lidl, Aldi, Sainsbury’s, Carrefour, Metro, Casino and Wallmart. Meanwhile, the group’s trading companies represent the world’s well-known brands: Hortex, McCain and Dujardin.
The continuous growth of the Viciunai Group is ensured by product supply chain, the process which is controlled from A to Z. This allows to ensure the highest quality both in Lithuania and abroad. The company’s modern factories in Lithuania, Spain and Estonia produce salted, smoked and frozen fish, surimi, seafood products, flour products and other foodstuffs. Increasingly more components used in production are manufactured in the group’s factories, thus reducing dependence on raw material suppliers. Products are exported abroad by involving own logistics and transport companies, as well as Viciunai Group sales companies operating in 23 countries that are well-familiar with their markets.
As a significant part of the global business, Viciunai Group is well aware of its responsibility to employees, customers, partners, the environment and society. Therefore, the company for many years has been actively fostering the culture of food safety, the principles of sustainable business and contributing to the long-term conservation and sustainable use of living marine resources. This is evidenced by the quality assurance certificates awarded in this area: ISO, BRC, IFS Food, IFS Logistics, MSC, FSSC 22000, ASC and Global Gap.
- In 2019, at Seafood Expo Global, the world’s largest fish and seafood exhibition that took place in Brussels, Asian VICI Wok gluten free surimi pasta has been recognised as the Most Innovative Product by a panel of experts in the fish and food industry.
- In the Brand of the Year 2019 voting in Lithuania, by the votes cast online, Vici was awarded the Brand of the Year title.
- In 2018, at Seafood Expo Global, the lasagne sheets made from surimi won in the Most Innovative Product category.
- In 2017, at Seafood Expo Global, the surimi bites “Juros Perlai” were the winner in the Most Convenient Product category.
- In 2015, at Lithuanian Product Of The Year awards, the gold medal awarded to VICI Gyoza Dumplings with chicken and Black fungus.
- In 2015, at Lithuanian Product Of The Year awards, the gold medal awarded to VICI Dumplings with spicy vegetables.
- In 2015, at Lithuanian Product Of The Year awards, the gold medal awarded to VICI Frozen marinated seafood cocktail.
- In 2015, at Lithuanian Product Of The Year awards, the gold medal awarded to VICI Snow crab meat.
- In 2015, at Lithuanian Product Of The Year awards, the gold medal awarded to VICI cold-smoked Organic ECO salmon fillet without skin.